Friday, October 15, 2010

Blog 7

   I would acknowledge their feelings. It would be a very scary and frightening situation. Sometimes we tend to ignore overwhelming problems and hope that they just go away. Of course, if our symptoms seem to improve slightly, we ,may convince ourselves that "it " is gone. On the other hand, without the facts and confirmation of a diagnosis and proper education, it can be even more frightening, hence the fear of the unknown. I would offer my assistance in having my friend visit a health care practitioner, and request all available tests for STD's. I would then offer websites from this course, and even our textbook, as well as other trusted and current resources to read and study all available information. I would offer encouragement and a peaceful attitude towards my friend. Once, or if, a diagnosis is made, then education will be a powerful tool to deal with the issue. Of course, prevention of recurrence would be important, as well as communicating with all sexual partners, if necessary. The situation could help others who are not practicing safe habits or are at risk, and can encourage others to go forward with testing.
Thank you,
Amy Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment